The Default - Video slide is provided to you by Vibe and is used to upload an .mp4 video file to display on your playlist.
In your Vibe portal:
- Under the Design & Attributes section, select the New Slide option in the top right
And then select the Default - Video template, and enter your Slide Name.
2. On the next page, in the drop-down list, click Design to get to the upload video section.
3. Click the plus sign in the bottom right, and select the file from your computer.
4. You will know your video is uploading as this section begins a green loading bar.
5. You will know that your video has successfully uploaded when the preview generates your uploaded file.
6. Back over in the attributes section, enter the details that you want for this video.
A duration of 0 will allow the video to play in its entirety.
Ensure that your Status is set to active.
Ensure that your start and end dates are correct.
Optional: Schedule the publishing dates of the announcement. By default, the announcement will publish indefinitely
Optional: Schedule a repeating announcement in different intervals. You can schedule it to repeat daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly or on specific dates.
7. Click Save, your video is now ready to be added to a playlist.
If your video does not upload, it could mean that the dimensions are incorrect, or it is too large.
For videos that are very large, it is recommended that you set up your Default - Video slide through the Admin, as the Portal puts some restrictions on this.
If you need to resize a video, we recommend using this free software: https://handbrake.fr/
Visit the Video Optimisation Article
Creating a Video Slide using the Admin
1. Under your slides tab, choose new slide.
2. Find the Default - Video template and complete the details required as above.
3. Click Save, your video is now ready to be added to a playlist.
For more help with video slides, take a look at the other helpdesk article below:
How To: Video Optimisation Article