Make sure that you design for legibility and readability and consider that text is large enough, isn’t crowded and colour choices provide good contrast.
Establish a ‘Safe Area’ around the edges of your design to allow for any mandatory logos or information bars that are already established in other slides.
- Character Limit - Keep text short and large
- 5-7 word heading
- 5-20 words summary
- Use simple, clean graphics
- Use no more than 3 colours, plus black and white or grey
- Cool colours like blue, green are recessive whereas warm colours like red and orange tend to ‘pop’ and draw attention (use a balance of both)
- Utilise contrasting colours or emphasising the most valuable information
- Background images can ‘bleed’ off the edge, but keep text well away
- Make sure any images that you add will enhance the written message, not distract from it!