Touch Screen is showing False Touches
- Is there anything stuck on the foil near the touches? Has there been water running down the screen? If so clean the foil, restart the media plaer and check if that resolves issue.
- Is there a minimum 10mm gap between the display and the window around the full circumference? If not, adjust the floor mount so rectify issue or will we need to get the installer onsite to fix.
- Touch foil maybe too sensitive so they will need to run the Calibration Tool to adjust the sensitivity. Note: the default number is normally 10, if the foil is over sensitive, they need to increase the number to 12 or 14.
To confirm if the false touches have been resolved. Open a command prompt within Linux (you will need the password) and run the following:
In a terminal, at command prompt (i.e. after the $) will need password
ds@cafemedia027:~$ sudo evtest
[sudo] password for ds:
No device specified, trying to scan all of /dev/input/event*
/dev/input/event0: Power Button
/dev/input/event1: Sleep Button
/dev/input/event2: Power Button
/dev/input/event3: ITE8713 CIR transceiver
/dev/input/event4: MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (ite-cir)
/dev/input/event5: USBest Technology SiS HID Touch Controller
/dev/input/event6: Video Bus
/dev/input/event7: HDA Intel PCH Mic
/dev/input/event8: HDA Intel PCH Headphone
/dev/input/event9: HDA Intel PCH HDMI/DP,pcm=3
Select the device event number [0-9]: 5
If touches being detected you will see them scrolling past, probably quite fast.
To stop it: press Control-C
Touch Screen is Not Picking up Some or All Touches
- Is there a minimum 10mm gap between the display and the window around the full circumference?
- If not, adjust the floor mount so rectify issue or will we need to get the installer onsite to fix.
- Re-seat the Ribbon Cable.
- Disconnect the Ribbon cable and reseat, making sure the Ribbon cable is firmly seated as far as it can go within the connector.
- Touch foil sensitivity may need adjusting.
NOTE: the default number is normally 10, so they would need to change the number to 8 or 7
Adjusting the Sensitivity
The attached software is used to adjust the sensitivity. You will need to download the file to a Windows based laptop, extract the file and take the laptop with you on site.
NOTE: you need to have internet access before running the utility otherwise you will be prompted for a registration key.
Once onsite, carry out the following steps:
- First check that nothing is on the glass surface on the inside or outside of the glass that could be triggering the touches.
- If there are no issues with the glass surface, carry out the following:
- Unplug the Touch Foil USB cable (from the Linux computer) and plug it into your laptop.
- Turn on the laptop and connect to the internet (this will remove the need for you to enter a registration key, which involves scanning a QR code)
- Run the MEController.exe file
- This will pop-up a small window with a calibration slider. Note: when you move the slide, it will write the new value to the chipset, so you need to make sure you get the appropriate value in one movement.
- Once the chipset has been updated, the foil will discount and reconnect. Once it has reconnected, unplug the foil from your laptop and plug it back into the Linux player.
- Go outside and retest the foil by navigating through the touch screen. Best way to test this is to select the “Filter Search’ from the top left and click on the filter elements. Making sure it picks up your touches every time.